Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix


I've pinned a few sites that offer recipes for homemade mixes.  Budget101, in particular has a TON of recipes for just about any mix you could image.

The original recipe for this dry onion soup mix is written for a single serving, but I like to make a bunch at once and have it on hand for a variety of recipes.  Below are the measurements I use.  I combine and shake up everything in a pint size mason jar, and measure out 1/4 cup for any recipe that calls for "an envelope" of soup mix.

1 cup instant beef bouillon granules
2 cups dried minced onion
1/4 cup onion powder
1 Tbsp seasoned pepper

The Verdict:  This has worked great in every recipe I've used it in.  I haven't tried using it to simply make onion soup, and I doubt I every will, but as a recipe ingredient it is perfect. And, cheaper!


No comments:

Post a Comment